The trans-pad, known as the launch pad in Daxter (not to be confused with Precursor launcher), is a device seen in The Precursor Legacy and Daxter. It works similar to a teleport gate, but instead is planted on the ground and used to transport and park larger objects such as zoomers and the flut flut. It consists of a large, raised circular platform with a bright blue holographic dome in the center.
The Precursor LegacyEdit
In The Precursor Legacy, Keira Hagai used these devices to send the A-Grav Zoomer and the flut flut to distant areas so Jak could use them. These were made of Precursor metal and had Precursor lettering around the circumference, suggesting they could be Precursor artifacts.
Trans-pads were located around the world: one was in Keira's room, used to park the A-Grav while Keira was working on it; two others were seen at the beginning and end of Fire Canyon, as for Mountain Pass and Lava Tube; and Misty Island, Precursor Basin, Boggy Swamp, and Snowy Mountain also contained trans-pads.
Trans-pads, now known as launch pads, made a reappearance in Daxter, but were made of steel instead of Precursor metal. One was located at the Kridder Ridder shop for the Betsy, one at Emerald Isle for the ranger zoomer, two at the transit system for the service zoomer, and one at the prison for the service zoomer as well.
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy, "Find the trans-pad"
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy script § "Keira Hagai"
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy script § "Keira Hagai (in-game) 4)"
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy script § "Samos Hagai 2"
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy script § "Keira Hagai 3"
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy script § "Keira Hagai (in-game) 10"
- ↑ The Precursor Legacy, strategy guide (Prima), p. 46
- ↑ Daxter, game manual (NTSC-U/C), p. 7