The Terraformer, aside from the Dark Maker Ship itself, is the largest example of Dark Maker Technology seen in Jak 3. Its body resembles a stepped pyramid, with seven spider-like legs that allow it to move easily, even over the Wasteland's rough terrain. A long neck supports a cockpit and energy weapon. When Jak attacked the Terraformer using the sand shark, it was revealed that the Terraformer is able to detach itself from its legs and fly using short wings. However the wings can't suspend the pyramid after it's damaged and it crash lands in the wastelands and Jak climbs it to face off against the head section and hit the reactor on the back of the scalp.
When Cyber Errol teleported to the Dark Maker ship, Jak travelled into the Catacombs in order to activate the Planetary Defence System and destroy both the ship and Errol. The Precursors then sent him up to the ship in order to ensure that Errol would be unable to wake up the ship's cargo - multiple Terraformers. However, when the Defence System activated and fired a beam of energy directly through the ship, Errol was able to escape in one of the Terraformers, which came down in the Wasteland.
Errol had intended to use the Terraformer to wipe out all life on the planet, but Jak was able to destroy it and Errol himself.
Jak is in the sand shark, while the Terraformer is walking around the Wasteland. Jak must destroy 14 support shields, making the Terraformer crash to the ground.
Jak is on foot, and only the top of the Terraformer remains. When he reaches the top, Jak must shoot the purple tanks of the Terraformer's back head to make them blow.
- The Headbutt of the Terraformer is reminiscient of the Swamp Monster I battle in Ratchet and Clank 2 and of the Dark Eco plant in J&D TPL.
- When the Dark Maker Ship exploded and Errol took the Terraformer down, there were several others. If they had been awakened during the Precursor Blast, that could have meant total destruction of the world.
- If during the final boss the player uses the Peace Maker with the Peace Maker Increased radius secret on the shoot will send an eletronic wave behind the Terraformer's head but won't damage it.
- the player can use the Light Fountain on the right to heal and slow down time, making this boss fight much easier.
- using the super nova can make the fight much quicker by instantly destroying the enemies and making Errol expose the reactor.