| ||For the Underground member, see Kor.|
The boy plays such a part of this, such a part of you, don't you recognise him? The boy is YOU Jak !”— Metal Kor
Metal Kor has been an ancient enemy of the Precursors for an unknown time together with his Metal Head armies. It is unknown what happened to him or the Metal Heads in general up until his first appearance in the Jak and Daxter series at the start of Jak II. After activating the Rift Ring, Jak and co witness Metal Kor forcing his way through and declaring that "finally the last rift has been opened", it should be notable the Rift Ring allows time travel (and presumably space travel as well), meaning that Metal Kor's exact location prior to the activation of the ring remains unknown.
Neither is there exact information as to the whereabouts of Metal Kor and his Metal Heads after Jak and co went through the ring into the future. Presumably he did come through only to fight with Mar in some sort of rat-chase through time only to destroy the last Precursor egg that Mar was trying to hide, until he eventually built Haven City as a means of finally keeping it safe. Metal Kor has been sieging the city ever since.
Metal Kor is seen very briefly in Daxter, first threatening that if Kaeden didn't shut down the last exterminating company, he would kill him. Finally, he revealed to Kaeden that he could disguise himself as an old man to gain Jak's trust.
Metal Kor spent most of Jak 2 in his human disguise (see Kor) watching over Young Jak, the true heir to Haven City and the only one who could unleash the power of the Precursor Stone. Kor hoped to find the stone using the Underground and the older Jak (who could not unleash the stone's power as he had been touched by Dark Eco) and use the Young Jak to obtain the Precursor inside the stone, which he could then crush. Kor still occasionally transformed back into his Metal Head form, as he is seen delivering a message in that form via hologram to Baron Praxis. The Metal Heads had a deal that so long as Praxis gave them a regular Eco supply, they would only attack the city enough to justify the Baron's continued reign, although both sides plotted to overthrow the other.
When most members of the Underground were captured upon the Baron's theft of the Precursor Stone, Kor was captured with them, although escaped alone and seized the Kid. it is possible that the Baron knew who Kor was, as he showed little surprise when Kor revealed his true form. It is also possible that the Baron let Kor remain in the city without any trouble as he believed Kor would destroy the Underground and not attack him, due to their deal. Then, Kor supposedly killed Vin and destroyed the Shield Wall. He revealed his true self to Jak and confronted Praxis, killing the Baron and his Krimzon Guard escort. Kor then began to crush the city in search of the Precursor Stone.
Meanwhile, the dying Baron gave Jak the Stone, and Jak and Daxter sought a weapon built by Mar that could be powered by the Stone. With the newly powered weapon, they blasted their way into the Metal Head nest and found the Kid, only to be attacked by Metal Kor. Metal Kor revealed that the stone is a Precursor Egg, and that he planned to destroy it. He also revealed that the Kid is a younger Jak, and that Jak was hidden in the past in the hope that he would one day be strong enough to battle Metal Kor, but according to Kor, Onin was wrong. Because Jak was altered by Dark Eco, the Stone won't open for him, but Young Jak can for he is still pure. Kor blasted the platform on which Jak and Daxter stand, but Jak transforms into Dark Jak and the two survived the fall. Jak and Kor waged an epic battle within the center of the Metal Head Hive, which ended in Metal Kor's decapitation. His head is hung over the bar of the Naughty Ottsel.
Post Jak 2Edit
Kor has remained dead in subsequent games, receiving only one reference at the beginning of Jak 3, when Jak is amazed that the Metal Heads continue functioning despite Kor's defeat quoting: "But we destroyed Kor". Although The Naughty Ottsel features in both Jak 3 and Jak X: Combat Racing, Metal Kor's head is no longer hung over the bar for an unknown reason.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Metal Kor is one of the few Metal Heads capable of speech and transformation. He is also a skilled actor, fooling everyone but Onin in his guise as an old man, including the series' protagonists, Jak and Daxter. When forced to fight on his own, He can slash enemies with his claws and stab them with the stinger on his tail. He can also spawn stinger Metal Heads to assist him in battle. He can also shoot concerntrated Dark Eco lasers from the skull gem on his head, and create a Dark Eco shockwave by slamming the ground. Like Kaedaen, He can sprout wings and fly.
Hints at Kor's true natureEdit
There are several hints throughout Jak 2 that point out Kor as the Metal Head Leader:
- The most noticeable scene is just before you enter Mar's Tomb. He whispers his long coveted desire to wield the Precursor Stone, though this could be seen as a simple betrayal at first.
- He wears pendants which are very similar to the Metal Head skull gems. His head is also covered in a yellow skullcap, roughly the size of a skull gem.
- In one scene, Daxter states to Kor that they (Jak and Daxter) saw a large Metal Head going through the Rift Gate at the beginning of the game, which is Metal Kor. Daxter then comically remarks the creature was ugly. Kor then has an offended look on his face for a second or so before resuming his act.
- Before the Onin game, Pecker states how Kor's voice is familiar to Onin. The following second, Kor gives Onin a dark glare, which is not unrequited. It is unknown if Onin actually knew or was merely suspicious.
- In the first cutscene of Act 2, Daxter spills the beans to Kor and Torn of Praxis' plan. Kor is extremely curious throughout the whole scene and appears to be very interested when Daxter points out Praxis' double crossing.
- When describing the Metal Heads, Kor states he "remembers" the killing and devouring the Metal Heads committed to the victims of the cities in the past. It should have been known that if he would have truly been a human he would have probably been killed by the Metal Heads as well.
- Kor describes Wasteland Metal Heads as "awesome creatures" as he saw them during his "journeys."
- Kor states to Torn "Praxis is no match for the Metal Head Leader." He may be stating how powerful Metal Heads are.
- Kor's hair looks a lot of what Metal Kor's "appendages" look like on the side of his head.
- At one point, Kor sends Jak on several missions interfering with the Baron, such as taking down a ship delivering Eco, which is the Metal Head's bribe from Praxis, and taking down the main controls on the Drill Platform, which gathers Eco to power the cities shields. These missions may not have been authorized by the underground, and were instead Kor's own means of sabotage. At no point in the game does he ever send Jak on any missions to hurt the Metal Heads.
- Metal Kor is one of only two villains in the series to be seen killing someone (Baron Praxis). The other is Duke Skyheed, who kills Chancellor Ruskin.
- Metal Kor appears to be the only one of his kind, all other metal Heads (apart from Kaeden) have many more of the same species, but no other is ever seen that is similar to him.
- Early in Jak II the Scrap Book can be unlocked, once taking a look one of the first scraps is Kor with Metal Kor's head on the side, leading to a very early spoiler about who Kor really is.