"Dax... the Dark Eco... it feels far away. I feel better!".”— Jak
Light Jak is Jak's Light Eco form which was reawakened from the Precursors. He is only playable in Jak 3 though he also makes a short appearance at the end of the Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. The abilities of this form are largely unknown, though he has shown immense destructive powers coupled with powerful defensive abilities.
The Precursor LegacyEdit
At one point during Jak 3, Jak and Daxter are exploring the Monk Temple where they find a Precursor idol. To counterbalance Jak's Dark Eco abilities (and it's psychological side-effects), the idol reawakens the Light Eco form that Jak first discovered in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. Over time, Jak learns to harness this power and use new abilities. Light Jak's abilities stand in stark contrast to Dark Jak's abilities in that they are largely "utilities", assisting Jak by providing him advantages rather than sheer offensive force.
Light Jak appears the as normal Jak, but with a bright white-blue glow and white eyes, as well as wings with Light Flight.
Light Jak's stance is very upright & still, with his arms behind his back, & a straight, blank expression. Unlike Dark Jak, Light Jak moves and plays the same as the ordinary Jak, but with the obvious powers, and with the difference in appearance.
|Flash Freeze||Slows down time around Jak while he continues to move at normal speed. Great for beating time challenges as it also affects the timer.||l2 + square|
|Light Flight||Allows Jak to flap his wings in succession essentially allowing him to glide. Each consecutive flap of the wings gives Jak less and less distance so it isn't technically considered real flight. Also if Jak flaps, shield, and flaps repeatedly, it is possible to activate a glitch, allowing continuous flight.||l2 + x, then x repeatedly|
|Light Regeneration||Heals and replenishes Jak's health. It either heals him completely or until the Eco runs out.||l2 + triangle|
|Light Shield||Creates a shield around Jak's body. This shield protects Jak from attacks and also deals minor damage to enemies who physically attack him until the eco runs out. The shield can also allow Jak to phase through electrical gates.||l2 + circle Hold circle for shield longer.|
- Light Jak's angelic appearance contrasts from Dark Jak's demonic form.
- There is a way to cheat Light Jak's Light Flight to continue on higher. You must repeatedly switch between Light Flight & Light Shield (once at normal max height).
- Concept art in Jak 3 reveals that Light Jak was originally going to have a yellowish tint and feathered wings.
- The final decision to make Light Jak blue could be to reference the Precursor Projections that the Precursors used to portray themselves.
- If you are out in the desert and you transform either into Light Jak or Dark Jak, Jak's scarf and goggles will cover his face even in base form (Jak's Human Form).
- If you walk into a cutscene as Light Jak, there will always be small traces of light eco particles found in the cutscene indicating Jak reverting to his normal form.
- If you use the Morph Gun as Light Jak the Light Eco meter will deplete faster.
- When Daxter is standing on Jak's shoulder while Light Jak is active, he can be seen standing placidly, either with his hands placed together in a clapped position (similar to praying) or folded in a similar manner to Light Jak.