|Complete "Destroy the dark eco crystals".|
Destroy the dark eco crystals was a mission in The Precursor Legacy that Jak and Daxter completed to obtain a power cell. According to Samos Hagai, the lurkers were after the dark eco crystals in Spider Cave. Jak later destroyed them all in this mission.
The PlayStation 3 and Vita versions of this mission are related to a trophy named "Kerblamm!". Completing this mission will reward you with a silver trophy.
in Spider Cave, there is a total of five dark eco crystals located throughout the level. Some of these are well hidden and some others more obvious. The goal is to destroy them, which is accomplished by simply touching them, at which point they will detonate after a timed interval. It is also possible to use yellow eco to shoot them from a distance if they cannot be reached.
Their locations are as follows;
- High up in the first portion of the cave, the large cavern with the many support beams. There is a lone wooden platform with the crystal on top of it. It is recommended to use yellow eco from a nearby vent to shoot the crystal, though it is still possible to approach it directly by climbing the Precursor platforms.
- When moving through the cave, you will go into a tunnel (leading to the second large cavern with the Precursor robot). Here is another crystal past a dark eco pool which can be crossed by using a web trampoline.
- Head back a little and while facing the tunnel entrance. Take a right onto the wooden scaffolding. Climb up here and keep moving on until you reach the first eco vent here. Slightly past it is a stone path crossing a gap and a small cave to your left. In here is a dark eco pool with the crystal on the other side.
- The other crystal is opposite to the last one (it's on the right if you enter this small cave from the entrance). Past two strong boxes and a locked box is another pool of dark eco and past this one a bigger pool of water. The crystal is at the bottom.
- Continuing from this tiny cave, you will need to head into the last bit you have ignored for now and go to the "Dark Cave", a section explored in a different mission. In here, you will eventually want to make a stop at the fourth light-emitting crystal and take a 90° left turn. Here is the last (and easily missed) crystal hidden underwater in another pool.