Haven City is a location in Daxter, Jak II, Jak 3, and a separately-identified race track in Jak X: Combat Racing. It is a secluded metropolitan state resting at the bottom of large mountains in the middle of a wasteland, protected by an all-encompassing wall, founded post-Metal Head incursion amidst the Metal Head Wars by Precurian-era legend Mar. The city played a central role in Daxter and Jak II, and was a returning major hub in Jak 3. It staged Jak and Daxter's debut into the future (the "Haven era") and was the central cause of the series' time-rift thematic. The city's existence was prompted by the safeguarding and preservation of the area's assets, such as the innocent people there (hence the name "Haven" City), as well as the Catacombs entrance, the Life Seed, the last Precursor Stone, and the rift gate — all of which were, to some extent, central elements to the plot.
In the games, the city ran on the eco grid, and for most of its existence was protected by an inexplicably repelling Shield Wall until it was compromised towards the latter parts of Jak II. The area's entire landscape is bordered by a tall concrete barrier, with air locks and air trains serving as the only exit points. The city is divided into different sectors via barriers, each sector serving particular purposes with varying aesthetic differences.
In its early years, Haven City was governed by a dynasty referred to as the House of Mar, until it was ultimately dissolved and supplanted by Baron Praxis. Following his death, daughter Ashelin Praxis assumed governorship and remains the governor of the city.
- ...that there was a short successor to the Krimzon Guard and a predecessor to the Freedom League between Jak II and Jak 3 known as the New Krimzon Guard?
- ...that all lurkers in The Precursor Legacy except the lurker shark and lurker piranha wore a metal brace?
- ...that it is possible to destroy the security drone with a Dark Bomb in Jak II?
- ...that ottsels are a crossbreed between otters and weasels?
- ...that light eco is created by combining all four colors of eco, and that dark eco can be split into colored eco through an eco prism?
- ...that Dark Jak lost his horns in Jak 3 due to the positive effects of light eco?
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below. Don't forget to add categories to your articles!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to Wikia, check out the tutorial.
- Know how to edit? Consult our guideline for established consensus.
- Or you can check out these links
- Adding content
- Uploading images is another easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page to add images.
- Head over to the forums for more help or to talk about Jak and Daxter.
Go to these sites for info or for help with your own wikia!
Crash Bandicoot •
Geometry Dash •
Jak and Daxter •
Mega Man •
Metal Slug •
Ratchet & Clank •
Shovel Knight •
Sly Cooper •