Dark eco is one of the six types of eco in the Jak and Daxter series. It is a dark, poisonous substance with the ability to transform, infect and sometimes kill any life form or object it comes in contact with. It is considered severely unstable, and the opposite of light eco. It is also responsible for Daxter's transformation from human to ottsel, and Jak's acquisition of dark powers. It was used throughout the series for various purposes including dark eco experiments on humans, weapons, currency, and fuel.
Dark eco is one of the few colors of eco known to crystallize. Dark crystalline constructs detonate upon or shortly after coming in contact with another object, though were only seen in The Precursor Legacy and The Lost Frontier. Dark eco crystals were used during Jak 3 to power the Planetary Defense System however, but did not act in the same way.
There were two known sages of dark eco in the series. In the past (during The Precursor Legacy), the sage of dark eco was Gol Acheron. In the future (during The Lost Frontier), Tym became the dark eco sage. Unlike Gol Acheron, Tym was not transformed by dark eco, nor did he appear to be affected by it in any way.
- ...that Kaeden probably wouldn't be much bigger than a spyder gunner?
- ...that there is a hidden passageway in Lava Tube?
- ...that you can reach the Dig Site and Weapons Factory via the Pumping Station by using the JET-Board to reach an islet connecting them?
- ...that there are almost thirty different species of metal head not including metal bugs?
- ...that the Krimzon Robots were prototype experiments, predecessors to the KG Death Bots?
- ...that the Metal Heads are known by the Precursors as the Hora-Quan?
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below. Don't forget to add categories to your articles!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to Wikia, check out the tutorial.
- Know how to edit? consult our Manual of Style to better see article standards.
- Be sure to check out our wiki policies.
- Or you can check out these links
- Adding content
- Uploading images is another easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page to add images.
- Head over to the forums for more help or to talk about Jak and Daxter.
Ace Attorney • AdventureQuest • Age of Conan • Aika Online • AliceSoft • amiibo • Bloody Roar • C-12: Final Resistance • Captain Toad • Chrono Trigger • Deception • Destiny • Diner Dash • Donkey Kong • DragonFable • Drakengard • Duck Hunt • Eat Sheep • Fable • Fancy Pants Adventures • Fantasy Life • Fairy Fencer F • FatalFury • Five Nights at Freddy's • Gex • Ghosthunter • Halo • Hyperdimension Neptunia • Hyperdimension Neptunia • Iris Online • Jak and Daxter • Just Cause • Killzone • Lego Pirates the Video Game • Lord of Ultima • MechQuest • MediEvil • Metal Gear • M.U.G.E.N • Mugen Souls • NIER • Ninja Gaiden • Nintendo • Nitrome • No More Heroes • Ōkami • Pandemonium! • PlayStation • Primal • Professor Layton • Ragnarök Online • Q*bert • Rare • Rhythm Heaven • Saints Row • Splatoon • Spore • StarCraft • Touhou Project • Tree of Savior • Voyage Century Online • WarpForce • Wolfenstein • World of Warcraft • Yōkai Watch