Gol and Maia's Citadel
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help the Jak and Daxter wiki by uploading it.
Gol and Maia's Citadel is the home of Gol Acheron and Maia Acheron, and is the final location in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. A massive hollowed out Precursor structure, its once beautiful Precursor technology has now been modified with Lurker technology and been turned into a very dangerous location. Numerous machine are constantly at work, purpose unknown. In the middle stands a massive Precursor Robot and at the very top of the room is an elevator leading the top of the citadel.
The Precursor LegacyEdit
During TPL, Gol and his sister Maia took the once marvelous place as their own sinister base of operations for their psychotic plans of recreating the world to their liking. Their take over of the citadel has created a blend of technology not seen before as well as the capturing of all four Sages. When Jak and Daxter freed each Sage, Gol activated his Precursor Robot, and Jak was able to go to the Dark Eco Silo and destroy it.
Reached by traveling through the dangerously hot Lava Tube, Gol and Maia's Citadel was a Lurker-corrupted, puzzle-filled, vast Precursor city which is by far the largest in the game. Next to it, is contained the largest Dark Eco Silo in the entire world.
- Walkway: After hitting a blue button, a walkway of squares will appear before you to let you cross the chasms. Before you begin hopping every which way, note that whatever color button you land on his the color that will drop from the entire walkway (EX: Hitting a red tile makes all the red tiles drop.) Some challenges require that you complete a walkway to get across to them. (Roll Jump to shortcut to a tile further along the walkway)
There are four challenges to complete each to reach a sage and usually contain a different Sage's Eco. The first three challenges can be done in any order.
- Blue Eco Challenge: Going left on the spinning platform will lead you to three more platforms each with a half cut out of it making it more challenging to jump. Once you pass them, however; you will enter a corridor which will take you to the Blue Eco Challenge. Here you most use the launch pads and the blue Eco provided to reach the other side. Timing is key here so make sure you are underneath the pad when you land and if the platforms are close enough together, skip ones that aren't necessary. Also, be sure to land on the pads that contain more Blue Eco to add to your meter. Completing the challenge will free the Yellow Sage.
- Red and Yellow Eco Challenge: After freeing the Yellow Sage, follow the path to a series of spinning platforms followed by a large walkway. This challenge requires you to smash all three Lurker Generators and squish the swarm of hopping lurkers, which will free the Red Sage.
- Machinery Challenge: After freeing the Red Sage, follow the path to the next challenge, which really doesn't involve a lot of Eco. In this Challenge, you will have to traverse many platforms and moving machinery which without timing, gets really frustrating. Completing this challenge will free the Blue Sage.
- Platform Challenge: After freeing the Blue Sage, return to the first spinning platform and go right until you reach the stepping stone of platforms. Climb them and continue up the spinning platforms until you reach the top. Here, you will see giant rotating platforms which you will need climb if you wish to free the Green Sage (by the looks of it, he doesn't seem to happy). The platforms act as connecting stairs until you reach the third one which is a ramp. The final platform is another stair and then you reach the wooden balcony where you will traverse around the back side of the machine you climbed to reveal the final cage Generator for the Green Sage and the door to the Final Fight.
Upon entering this incredibly massive Citadel, you will encounter flickering blue panels on the sides of the corridor (possibly Blue Eco) and beyond that, you begin to see what is a vast area filled with Precursor metal and spinning platforms. It is home to the Lurker-modified Platforms and a Precursor Robot (seen in a force field) which was originally precursor technology. It also houses a Precursor Lift, everyone's favorite Launchers, many Eco Vents, the largest Dark Eco Silo, Precursor Orb Containers, some Blue Eco Lifts, and the mysterious Rift gate.
Some of the technology could have been made entirely by Gol and Maia but it is most likely that the basis of the Citadel is Precursor and they just modified the technology already there. It also has the most ancient Precursor Door on its roof. It can only be opened by placing 100 Power Cells on its front. Nobody knows what lies behind it, since it is on the edge of the roof however it is believed that the rift gate is behind it. The most effective way of seeing behind it is by going back onto the Silo's top and clearly nothing is behind it. It is not possible to tip-toe around the edge of the pillars either side of the door as you soon hit an invisible wall put there by the game makers, who have clearly gone to great lengths to ensure it remains hidden...
- The Citadel is actually a large Precursor city as referenced by Keira in one of her lines as you walk around the Red Sage's hut (not during a cutscene).
- It is possible to see the road you travelled from the top of the Citadel: Sandover Village => Fire Canyon => Rock Village => Mountain Pass => Volcanic Crater => Lava Tube => Gol and Maia's Citadel. However, you can't see some of these places.
- It is interesting to note that you only encounter five lukers in this location and they are all in the first room of the citadel.