Dark eco is one of the six types of eco in the Jak and Daxter series. It is a dark, poisonous substance with the ability to transform, infect and sometimes kill any life form or object it comes in contact with. It is considered severely unstable, and the opposite of light eco. It is also responsible for Daxter's transformation from human to ottsel, and Jak's acquisition of dark powers. It was used throughout the series for various purposes including dark eco experiments on humans, weapons, currency, and fuel.
Dark eco is one of the few colors of eco known to crystallize. Dark crystalline constructs detonate upon or shortly after coming in contact with another object, though were only seen in The Precursor Legacy and The Lost Frontier. Dark eco crystals were used during Jak 3 to power the Planetary Defense System however, but did not act in the same way.
There were two known sages of dark eco in the series. In the past (during The Precursor Legacy), the sage of dark eco was Gol Acheron. In the future (during The Lost Frontier), Tym became the dark eco sage. Unlike Gol Acheron, Tym was not transformed by dark eco, nor did he appear to be affected by it in any way.
- ...that Keira Hagai had a different voice actor in Jak 3, the reason she only had two lines in the game? (Five including the communicator lines.)
- ...that Keira Hagai invented the first zoomer?
- ...that Gol Acheron and Maia Acheron are brother and sister?
- ...that Torn is the former captain of the Krimzon Guard before joining the Underground?
- ...that Tess is a heavy weapons expert and developed new weapons for the Freedom League in Jak 3?
- ...that the tigorilla, goosesnake, and kangarabbit were all mentioned at some point in the Jak and Daxter series, alongside other hybrid species?
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below. Don't forget to add categories to your articles!
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to Wikia, check out the tutorial.
- Know how to edit? Consult our guideline for established consensus.
- Or you can check out these links
- Adding content
- Uploading images is another easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page to add images.
- Head over to the forums for more help or to talk about Jak and Daxter.
Go to these sites for info or for help with your own wikia!
Crash Bandicoot •
Geometry Dash •
Jak and Daxter •
Mega Man •
Metal Slug •
Ratchet & Clank •
Shovel Knight •
Sly Cooper •